Friday, December 11, 2009

Avatar Review, Scrubs #1 Intern and Why VM Messages Piss Me Off

Alright. I saw AVATAR. Some of you have read my review (and my joke about blue penises). If you haven't here it is:


I tried to be fair, but there were so many things about the story that bothered me. And still I'm telling you to see it. Why? The visuals have spoiled my eyes forever. It was absolutely beautiful. But...you know how Mom tells you not to put that expensive cashmere sweater on a wire hanger? Well, don't hang a beautiful CGI job on a crappy story! You lose me completely! (And you get funny hanger marks on the shoulders.)



And while I'm complaining...is anyone else tired of those long voice mail instructions?

"After the tone, please leave a message. When you have finished recording, hang up or press pound for more options. To leave a call back number, press 5."

"To leave a call back number..."? Who doesn't have caller ID? I'm calling your cell. You know where I'm calling from. "After the tone, please leave a message?" Yeah, see, I've had an answering machine for most of my life. I'm pretty sure I know how that works. Who wants to start a petition? Because that crap is clearly on there to waste minutes. Just saying.



Got to interview Michael Mosley from the new Scrubs this week as well. Are you guys watching it? What do you think of the new version? Michael tells me his tattoo is going to be a character in the show. It speaks. It may even sing. I want one.



Finishing up my nominations for the Critic's Choice Awards tonight. Who would you guys nominate? Tonight's line up? A Simple Man, Crazy Heart and It's Complicated.

Next post should have my video interview with the Jacksons...

1 comment:

  1. Could you pretty please change your "Avatar" review to FRESH at rottentomatoes.com, since you meant for it to be fresh?
    Thanks!
    From a fellow Avatarian

    ReplyDelete