Tuesday, December 22, 2009

El Guapo and I Look for Clues, Danny Trejo, Rob Rodriguez, Me as Evita, Judge, Bana and Black Metal

December has exploded in my face. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have a bunch of new stuff for you guys, though at this point, I'd hoped to have a report on Dragon Age: Origins. Sadly, it is sitting on my table, mocking me. I am, however, reading a Dragon Age novel. (I'm trying to make myself feel better.)

"I need TP for my bunghole!" Damn, it was hard not to do my Cornholio imitation while at a press dinner for Mike Judge. Extract is out on DVD and Blu-ray today, and it definitely cracked me up. Here are the highlights from our press dinner. I stuck to the first hour, as the alcohol was flowing generously.



Interview with Mike Judge

I recently got a chance to chat with the film makers behind the black metal doc, Until the Light Takes Us. Maybe I should have told them that I'm a giant metal head before we started. They were a bit defensive about the whole thing. And I guess my voice doesn't exactly sound...OK fine. I sound like a giggly blond cheerleader. (I wasn't, by the way.) Anyway, the film was pretty cool and definitely worth a look.


Also got to do an interview with the very hot Eric Bana. He just did a documentary about racing the car he's been rebuilding since the age of 15. Sadly, he's not doing anything for the next 18 months. Damnit. By the way, it's really hard to transcribe Austrailians.




Eric Bana on Love the Beast

As all of my Facebook and Twitter buds know, I was just in Austin, TX (first time I've been back since I played Evita there in 2000).




Anyway, I was there to check out Predators. Can't say shit about it right now or they'll come after me with shotguns, but I did get some info from Robert Rodriguez and Danny Trejo about Spy Kids, the relaunch and Machete.





Finally, today I did a video review of Sherlock Holmes with the super cool George "El Guapo" Roush of Latino Review. (Tell him I said hi at George@LatinoReview.com) Not sure where it's going on my end...JoBlo or Huff Po, but here is the video:

George and I do these a lot, but it's been a while. Two goofier reporters you couldn't find, even with a magnifying glass the size of the one George uses to look at my chest. ;) I drew a moustache on him with eyeliner. Hope it comes off!









No comments:

Post a Comment