Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Star Trek red carpet pics, It's Always Sunny interviews and finally, my interview with Ming-Na

Last night was one of the coolest ever for a geek chick like me. I got to attend the Star Trek DVD/Blu-ray release red carpet at the Griffith Observatory. And Spock was there! Both of them! I'll have a bunch of pieces coming up, but in the meantime, I have pics from the red carpet. (Scroll down to see!)

It doesn't look like this when I see it from my hike.

Sorry this one is short, but I've been typing up interviews all day. And an R.I.P piece for Ken Ober, the host of Remote Control who died yesterday at the age of 52. Sigh. It means I'm older than I like to admit, and that I once loved cheesy TV. (Check out the post in my Forces of Geek column "It's Geek to Me" HERE)

R.I.P. Ken Ober! Thanks for all the laughs...and the chips.

Huffington Post finally ran my interview with the lovely and surprisingly geeky Ming-Na. You know I'm always thrilled to find another girl geek. And I'm absolutely loving SGU. Check it out, and tell me what you think. (And I'm only telling you this because you're my friends, but I used to watch her way back when she was on As the World Turns. Don't tell anyone I was girly enough to watch soaps in the past. I had chicken pox for two weeks as a teen and I got hooked.)


Ming-Na used to play as an elf in Dungeons & Dragons!

I also had two pieces from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia run today. In the first, "'It's Always Sunny' When Danny DeVito is Naked On Christmas" we learn about their upcoming Xmas special, and about the naked elves and asses we'll get to see.

The cast of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Strangely enough, they cut the word "penis" from my article, but left in "dick towel". Huh.

In the second, "'It's Always Sunny...' Cast Picks the Weirdest Holiday Movies" I ask one of my weird questions, "What's the weirdest or worst Christmas movie you've ever seen?" Look, I worked in retail for years. Christmas makes me shudder. If I hear "Santa Baby" one more time, I'm going to slap the next guy dressed as Santa that I pass. Just saying.

Anyway, enjoy the pics. I'm spending the rest of the night prepping for a set visit. Can't tell you what yet, but I will as soon as they pull the gun away from my head. Night!

Karl Urban, "Bones" in Star Trek. And "Black Hat" in the upcoming film, Priest.

The man himself, JJ Abrams.

Spock in a cardigan. Not sure why that weirds me out.

Can't believe he was here!!!!

Zoe Saldana loves being a kick ass chick.

John Cho...I caught the poor dear with a strange expression. Not his fault I'm a sucky photog.

Spock Prime!!! And I didn't do the salute. I tried to play it cool.

Green Star Trek chicks.

Griffith Observatory, all Trekked out...I mean, decked out. ;)

5 comments:

  1. This is very enjoyable show. i love this show. i don't miss any episode of this show. I regularly Watch Its Always Sunny in philadelphia online. Your blog is very nice and very obliging for me. Thanks for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi My name is 'CHERRY SHANE' just want to share my experience with the world on how i got my husband back and saved my marriage... I was married for 7 years with 2 kids we lived happily until things started getting ugly, a point where he filed for divorce... I tried my best to make her change his mind & stay with me cause i loved him so much didn't want to loose him but everything just didn't work out... he moved out of the house and still went ahead to file for divorce... I pleaded and tried everything but still nothing worked. The breakthrough came when someone introduced me to this wonderful, great spell caster who eventually helped me out... I have never been a fan of things like this but just decided to try reluctantly cause I was desperate and left with no choice... He did special prayers and cast a return back spell on him... Within 7 days he called me and was sorry for all the emotional trauma he had cost me, moved back to the house and we continue to live happily, the kids are happy too and we are expecting our third child. I have introduced him to a lot of couples with problems across the world and they have had good news... Just thought I should share my experience cause I strongly believe someone out there need's it... You can email him via eromosalespelltemple@gmail.com website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call him with +2348161850195..

      Delete
  2. Is it just me or is "Spock in a cardigan" a great name for a Star Trek tribute band?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My broken relationship has been restored by Dr.Unity the best spell caster online that is powerful and genuine. My boyfriend of 4yr broke up with me i have cried my self to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures, sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again.Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes ,my attendance has dropped. Generally he is a very nice guy ,he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along.He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change.I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with.I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe.He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy,he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy.i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again..All thanks to Dr Unity. If you have any problem contact Dr.Unity now and i guarantee you that he will help you. Here’s his contact.Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 , His website: http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .Thank you so much for reading Sonia Williams from England.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi My name is 'CHERRY SHANE' just want to share my experience with the world on how i got my husband back and saved my marriage... I was married for 7 years with 2 kids we lived happily until things started getting ugly, a point where he filed for divorce... I tried my best to make her change his mind & stay with me cause i loved him so much didn't want to loose him but everything just didn't work out... he moved out of the house and still went ahead to file for divorce... I pleaded and tried everything but still nothing worked. The breakthrough came when someone introduced me to this wonderful, great spell caster who eventually helped me out... I have never been a fan of things like this but just decided to try reluctantly cause I was desperate and left with no choice... He did special prayers and cast a return back spell on him... Within 7 days he called me and was sorry for all the emotional trauma he had cost me, moved back to the house and we continue to live happily, the kids are happy too and we are expecting our third child. I have introduced him to a lot of couples with problems across the world and they have had good news... Just thought I should share my experience cause I strongly believe someone out there need's it... You can email him via eromosalespelltemple@gmail.com website http://eromosalspiritualtemple.webs.com or call him with +2348161850195..

    ReplyDelete