Monday, October 19, 2009

Hodge Podge: The Final Cylon, Cirque Du Freak, Wil Wheaton, Freddy Krueger, and Doing Makeup for "Never Sleep Again"

This weekend was as crazy as Gnome on a Robot Chicken. (I play a LOT of World of Warcraft.) I spent Saturday live blogging from the Spike TV Scream Awards, and yesterday writing up all the stories I got from the red carpet...and cleaning all the fake snow they dumped on us out of my keyboard. So for this Monday's post, I have a bit of a wrap up. And some info on what bizarro project I'm taking a five minute break from today.


Seriously, you can ride this in the game. How are you not playing yet?


First off, Kate Vernon. I interviewed her for IGN and Huffington Post before the series finale of Battlestar Galactica. Both interviews were on the phone and took place a few days from each other, so we actually got to chat a bit. This woman rocks. Her performance as Ellen Tigh was a tour de force, and she's a lovely person to boot. I finally got to meet her in person on the red carpet, where she told me that, though she'd love to do more Battlestar movies, it isn't looking likely. “There's no buzz about it, no,” she said. “I was sad about it. I'm sad, you know. I loved my role. Ellen Tigh is an amazing role. I'm game, if Ron (Moore) wants to bring it back. It's got a few takers, for sure. And a built in audience, for sure. So we'll see.” Here's hoping. Again, it allows me to continue using the word "frak".


Love, love, love her final BSG episodes! If you haven't watched the show, I'm coming to your house, tying you down, and popping in the DVD. Don't worry. I'm harmless...::cough, cough::.

Next, we have Wil Wheaton guest starring on tonight's episode of The Big Bang Theory. Wesley Crusher, dude! I love STNG! I know the original series is classic, but Star Trek: The Next Generation is still my favorite. Tonight, the famously nice Wheaton plays a mean version of himself. Here's the link to my article.


I loved him in Stand By Me. But I loved River Phoenix even more. Sigh.


As I've posted before, I love Jackie Earle Haley. He's the coolest guy, and he's been incredibly nice every time I've interviewed him. (Here's the most recent one.) I got a chance to chat with him on the red carpet Saturday night and he gave me some good info. First, he debunked the rumors that he's playing Sinestro in the upcoming Green Lantern movie. But, he may still do it...check it out here. He also gave me the scoop on the Freddy Krueger makeup, which I'm particularly interested in. (Read on to find out why.)


How can someone so sweet in person be so fucking bad ass on film?


My review of Cirque Du Freak went up today as well. I really wanted to love this one. And I did have a good time. I just wanted more from it. The problem for me was not the story. I loved the books and it translated well. It wasn't the actors. John C. Reilly cracked me up. (I'll link to our video interview as soon as it posts, but in the meantime, here's our set visit interview.) It was all about the editing. I'd be interested to hear what you guys think after you see it.


Sooo, hot or not? Salma Hayek in a beard.

Finally, my crazy day on the set of Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy. As some of you know, I've been a makeup artist for 15 years. (Some of my weirder stuff is in my Facebook album.) The lovely Staci Layne Wilson suggested me for this gig. And it's been amazing!!! I've gotten to meet a ton of actors from the Elm Street films, and paint their lovely faces. Everyone has been extra cool. David J. Schow (dude, he wrote The Crow and the Masters of Horror episode "We All Scream for Ice Cream". Clowns scare the crap out of me.) even let me wear the Freddy glove.



I've never been happier.


Directors Andrew Kasch (His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th) and Daniel Farrands (The Haunting in Connecticut) Producer Thommy Hutson (His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th), Cinematographer Buz Wallick (Thirsty) who asked me to give him a shout out, and Production Manager/Jill of All Trades Annette Ashlie Slomka have been incredible to work with. Plus, they fed me Pringles all day. I'm totally addicted. I've managed to resist the donuts, but that's only a matter of time.

Here is a link to some shots from the shoot. Some good juicy stuff from the interviews...but, of course, I'm sworn to secrecy. I'll be interviewing Dan, Andrew and Thommy soon, so I'll see what info they'll let me reveal.

So, which Elm Street film was your fav? Are you looking forward to the new one? Are you seeing Cirque Du Freak? Do you watch Big Bang Theory? I actually do want to know all this. Drop me a line!








No comments:

Post a Comment