Monday, August 12, 2013

Steampunk and Kitties That Need a Good Home!

As many of you know, I lost my sweet pup Fionnie a few months ago. I was completely heartbroken and I didn't know when I'd recover enough to get a new little buddy. After moving and with the help of my wonderful boyfriend Jeff and my awesome pals, I got through it and it was time.

Jeff and I, right after I adopted little Stephen "Peanut" Pawking at Clockwork Couture.

I'd been chatting about it with the lovely Anne Wheaton and she sent me a picture of a beautiful little kitty. Though I wasn't able to get that one (and she was adopted the second she was available!), Anne directed me to Donna at the coolest clothing store in the universe, Clockwork Couture.

Donna had rescued 18 (yes, you read that right) little kittens and there were three left for adoption. I picked out Stephen (who I'm calling Peanut, because I never call my animals by their real name, which anyone who saw the musical Cats understands), but his little brother Ash and his buddy Luna are still available!

Now, Ash has a heart problem and he's too little to get an EKG, but he's the sweetest little guy! He may not have more than 5 or so years, but he really needs a good home and a family to love him. He's super friendly and a huge cuddle bug and wouldn't leave Jeff alone for a sec! (Of course, all animals treat him like he's got pockets full of bacon.) Guys, if there are any of you out there who could take him in, please call the store and ask for Donna, okay? 818-478-1515. (It's in Burbank, CA.)

Stephen and Ash. Baby Ash is on the left. The little guy on the right is on my lap right now.

Look at that face! How can you resist? (Believe me, I'd have taken them all if I could have!) Then there is Luna, the little "fruit bat." She started out feral, but is a complete love! She's really sweet and gentle and her eyes! Oh my god! Are you swooning yet?

Just imagine waking up to this sweet little face in the morning! She could be yours!

I try to do as much as I can for animal rescue. Believe me, if I ever strike it rich, I'm going to open a no kill preserve for rescue animals of all kinds. But in the meantime, I wanted to get the word out there about these two lovely little balls of fluff that need forever homes and the wonderful place that rescues them. I've been grinning since I brought little Peanut home last night. Just look:



This tiny little guy has healed my heart. I think Fionnie would have adored him. He's even managed to charm my wonderfully grumpy (and absolutely loveable and cuddly) nineteen-year-old Kunkle cat. I found them on the couch like this a few minutes ago:

He also jumped on Kunkle and gave his tail and emergency grooming.

In addition to their kitty awesomeness, Clockwork Couture has the frakking coolest clothes and Steampunk goodies I've ever seen! Guys, please pass this on to anyone you know you loves Steampunk AND kitties. Let's get these two little fuzzy wuzzies a forever home!

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment