Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pointe shoes, Stan Lee, shameless self-promotion, Eureka and other assorted updates

I've been pretty busy lately. For those of you who follow me on Twitter, you know that one of those things includes wine-induced Amazon purchasing. It's been a long time since I've danced and I've been buying and actually using my pointe shoes. Goofy as it sounds, it's been more fun than I can say. Breaking them in, walking around the house en pointe (which seriously confuses my dog) and attempting the New York City Ballet workout. Yes, I said attempting.



It's a random thing I did to cheer myself up. It worked. So I say to you today, if there was ever something you wanted to do or something you wanted to get, do it. What's stopping you? Sure, purple pointe shoes aren't strictly necessary in my life (though they do help me reach the top shelf), they make me happy.

Now onto the shameless self-promotion. I feel really, really weird about this, but I created a public page on Facebook. It feels kind of squidgy to ask people to "like" you. Please be my friend! But it's up. My FB page is getting close to the line and I want to stay in touch with everyone. Someone told me once that no one is going to promote your work for you. So, um, like me?

I'm really excited about my new show, "Cocktails With Stan." I'm producing and co-hosting this talk show with comic book legend Stan Lee! Each Friday we'll have a new celebrity guest. So far we've posted one with Jane Espenson and Colin Ferguson. Upcoming guests include, Felicia Day, Jace Hall, Nathan Fillion, Maria Menounos, Masi Oka and "The Amazing Spider-Man" director Mark Webb. Check out the first two shows below.









I was so excited to be a guest on Felicia Day's Geek & Sundry show, "Tabletop" with Sean Plott Wil Wheaton, and Grant Imahara.






I also got a chance to start doing after-shows on Maria Menounos' web channel AfterBuzz TV. So far I've been hosting the "Eureka" after-show with my good friend Jennings Roth Cornet. We've had Colin Ferguson, Neil Grayston, co-creator Jaime Paglia, Grant Imahara and co-executive producer/writer Amy Berg. Coming up is Wil Wheaton and Debrah Farentino. Here is the link to them all.

Okay, there's the update. More to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. Your life is such an adventure - I love it! I hadn't heard of the NYC Ballet Workout. I need to find an exercise program I like, and it might fit the bill. I still have my pointe shoes tucked away from way back when...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Beth, the NYC Ballet Workout is amazing! I do it all the time and it works. Jenna, what brand of pointe shoes are those?!

    ReplyDelete